Our partner distillery
- Established in 1898, our partner distillery is based in Forcalquier, in the heart of the Alpes de Haute-Provence region, not far from Luberon.
- The nearby mountain, Montagne de Lure, offers an inexhaustible source of botanicals growing here for thousands of years.
Medicinal herbs have been gathered here since the Middle Ages, but it was not until the 17th and 18th centuries that the frequent use of these plants intensified with the arrival of numerous pharmacists and apothecaries.
- We currently have access to certain botanicals harvested here by hand for MistralGin.
The Mistral corridor
The method of distillation
- Thanks to the numerous investments made in recent years, the distillery has been able to acquire new equipment allowing the application of modern distillation techniques.
- The encounter between century-old tradition and modern technology has thus enabled us to develop a unique method of distillation.
- Among the key elements of our process: the use of two different stills which optimally optimizes the extraction of the plants: a traditional gooseneck still equipped with a gin basket and a column still make it possible to choose and calibrate distillation according to the plants selected and their maturity.